AVAILABLE NOW

AVAILABLE NOW

Saturday, 1 December 2012

I Survived, Did you?

Today is a day of rest!
It may be 24 days to Christmas but to heck with presents and preparations. I survived NaNoWriMo and won! I reached my 50000 plus a few more hundred with it, so today I am taking a break. I'm both elated and deflated. Elated that I stuck with it and proved to myself that I could achieve what I set my mind to. Plus that I had the discipline to set aside time and write. That I could make a committment and see it out. Deflated? yes it's over and a certain pressure is off to meet the words on a page and so I feel empty. I look at the clock and see it is time I should be at my desk, yet I know if I don't sit down tonight, I won't be playing catch up tomorrow.
So in a way, having the deadline was both inspiring and encouraging.Would I do it again, I honestly don't know. It taught me I can find the time to write each day if I want, no excuses. That deadlines help me to focus and everyone should experience NaNoWriMo at least once in their writing life! Plus I now have a good rough first draft of my second novel. Happy days.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, you are truly amazing, and i am so glad this exercise has proved productive for a second novel.
    Bravo, and I hope you have a wonderful, happy Christmas.
    BARBARA
    XX

    ReplyDelete